You can eat good, healthy food, but if your digestive system is inflamed, or in an acidic state, then your body is not able to absorb the nutrients from the food. As a result of inflammation in the gut and poor nutrition, overall health will be compromised, causing suppressed immunity, brain fog, bloating, and skin issues like dermatitis, eczema, sagging, and wrinkled skin.
How do probiotics help?
- Aiding in digestion by promoting daily relief from gas, bloating, and irregularity.
- Helping you properly absorb nutrients/vitamins from your food
- Strengthening your immune system.
- Maintaining healthy levels of yeast in the body.
- Increasing energy levels.
- Supporting brain function and mental clarity.
- Promoting optimal body weight.
What can alter your microbiome and damage good bacteria in the gut?
- A western diet high in processed foods and low in plant-based fibers
- The overuse of antibiotics, both as medicine and in our food supply
- Sugar, artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohols (erythritol, xylitol, etc.), emulsifiers, and GMO foods
- Tap water (chlorine and fluoride)
- Excessive hygiene, antibacterial, and antimicrobials
- Certain medications (birth control, acid suppressants, PPIs, antacids, steroids, hormone replacement therapy and NSAIDs, etc.)
- Not enough time outdoors
- Emotional stress
- Exposure to toxins, pollution, and pesticides
- The aging process
Taking a daily probiotic can help repopulate your gut with good bacteria that improve digestion and overall health. Keep in mind to buy a brand that contains a 19 to 20 billion CFU.
A version with the live strains should be refrigerated for the viability of the bacteria.
It is very important to alternate probiotic brands every 90 days so as to assure you are getting all necessary strains and the digestive tract responds better to a variety of culture over time.
Bolster Your Wellness With LivAgeWell
Adding probiotics to your diet is a step towards better health and a stronger gut. Feel free to reach out to Mani here at LivAgeWell to learn more about the benefits of probiotics. Mani is an integrative nutrition, health, and wellness consultant with numerous certifications from advanced functional nutrition to nutrition and healthy living to health coaching. Learn to eat clean, live clean, and improve your overall health and wellness with LivAgeWell.