Plants are loaded with abundance of phytonutrients, a class of chemicals produced by plants and plants alone. These #phytonutrients floods the body with antioxidants that fight carcinogens and damaging free radicals, and detoxifies red blood cells, and provides oxygen to your organs through the green pigment #chlorophyll. When incorporated in your diet, they keep the PH of the body alkaline to heal and perform with efficiency.
So I tried this salad “toasted fall vegetables salad with Miso apple vinaigrette” and sharing the recipe here: and detailed recipe on my website.
- Toast the walnuts: Preheat the oven (350°F conventional). Put the walnuts in the center, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, and toss, Toast for 6 to 8 minutes,
- To roast the vegetables: raise the oven temperature to (425°F conventional).
- In a large bowl, combine the celery root, Tunips, and fennel with 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt and toss, and roast for 15 minutes.
- combine the apple with 1 teaspoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss, and roast for about 8 minutes until caramelized.
- Add the roasted apple and stir to combine with the roasted vegetables.
- vegetables and apple are tender and caramelized, let cool.
- To make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the miso, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tahini, and apple juice, mixing well.
- just boil the water with raisins over high heat. and let sit for 5 minute. Drain the raisins.
- To finish and serve: Toss the vegetable mixture with 3/4 cup of the vinaigrette, the walnuts, and the raisins. Garnish
with the celery leaves and fennel.
- Serve at room temperature.
- 1 cup walnut halves Extra-virgin olive oil Kosher salt
- 3 cups peeled and diced celery root, cut into medium dice
- 3 cups diced turnip, cut into medium dice
- 3 cups diced fennel bulb, cut into medium dice
- 3 cups cored and diced Fuji or other red apple.
For the miso-apple vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup loosely packed celery leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fennel fronds